Tuna Mac and Cheese Recipe
Tuna Mac and Cheese is an easy and nutritious pasta dish which is sure to be a hit with your little one. Tuna Mac is perfect for ages nine months and above and ensures growing babies get a good dose of omega 3 fats of calcium, fibre and protein.
- 1 x 96g canned tuna
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- ¼ cup zucchini, grated
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add in the flour and cook – stirring for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk. Return to the heat and cook – stirring until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Add in the vegetables, tuna and macaroni and cook for a further five minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the cheese and cook until melted.
Notes / Tips
Age recommendation: for ages nine months and above This recipe contains seafood. If yourself or your child have allergies or diet restrictions, please consult your health care professional for advice.