Mini Egg Bites
Dietitian's Mini Egg Bites recipe takes classic vegetables, including sweet potato and capsicum, and turns them into a healthy fun snack that can be stored for later
. The humble egg boasts a number of nutritional benefits for kids
including vitamins such as B2 and D and minerals such as zinc and iron. With added spinach – which is low in fat and cholesterol and high in vitamins – Mini Egg Bites are a nutritious recipe and versatile meal for your growing toddler.
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 4 slices of (50g) ham
- 1 cup of mixed green and red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup of chopped spinach leaves
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly spray a muffin tray with olive oil spray.
- Whisk eggs and set aside.
- Cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until just tender.
- Evenly distribute the sweet potato, ham, capsicum and spinach between muffin cups.
- Pour beaten eggs evenly over vegetables in each muffin cup.
Notes / Tips
Age: 1 to 3 years Disclaimer: this recipe contains egg. If yourself or your child have allergies or diet restrictions, please consult your health care professional for advice.