Easy Breakfast Pies
Often we find that we do not eat enough vegetables during the day — and find ourselves trying to fit in our daily serving at dinner alone. My Easy Breakfast Pies are perfect for mums, dads and little ones — giving the whole family a nutritious and filling start to the day. And — they can even be pre-made and refrigerated to eat throughout the week.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 12 slices of wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- Using a dozen muffin tray, press a slice of bread into the muffin tin hole.
- Evenly pour the beaten egg mix into each muffin holder.
- Then, sprinkle in the chopped spinach and tomatoes.
- Bake at 160° for 15 to 20 minutes, until egg is set and golden brown.
Notes / Tips
Disclaimer: if you or your children have allergies to dairy or gluten please consult your health care professional for advice. Age recommendation: 9 months and above