Chicken Nugget with Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
This recipe is my healthy version of chicken nuggets and chips that kids will just love! It’s a perfect dinner idea that brings a nutritional twist to an old favourite.
- 1 small skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (can use an egg replacement for those with allergies)
- 1 small piece sweet potato, peeled
- ½ cup cornflakes, crush (can also used Special K or multigrain breadcrumbs)
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the chicken breast into bit-sized pieces.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg, toss to coat in the cornflake crumbs and place onto the first baking tray.
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes or chips and place onto the second baking tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil over chicken piece and sweet potato chips.
- Bake the sweet potato for 10 minutes, then add the nuggets and bake for a further 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.