Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread is a delicious finger snack for toddlers and is a much more nutritious snack for your toddler than biscuits, cakes and commercial muffins.
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- Heat oven to 170C.
- Combine banana, dates, brown sugar, butter, bicarbonate soda and boiling water.
- Add flour and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until cooked through – remembering that it is quite a dense recipe.
- Allow bread to cool and then serve.