Try my easy variation of the classic pumpkin soup that’s perfect for staying warm in the cold winter months. Pumpkin soup is a light and hearty meal that can be served for lunch, dinner, or as an accompaniment to any meal for the whole family (kids included!). It’s also a simple way to get your little one to eat their vegetables
- 1kg butternut squash or Japanese pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 420g creamed corn
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock (look for the option of no added salt)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Combine pumpkin, onion and butter in a large bowl.
- Cover the ingredients and cook on high for 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Add chicken stock to the bowl. Then, cover and microwave the mixture for a further 25 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender or processor.
- Finally, stir corn into the mixture and serve.
Notes / Tips
Age recommendation: for 9 months and above Disclaimer: this recipe contains dairy. If yourself or your child have allergies or diet restrictions, please consult your healthcare professional for advice.