- 250g (2 cups) of pumpkin, peeled, seeded, diced and cooked
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup of child's usual milk
- 2 ½ cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup of white self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 120 g of Bellamy’s Organic Apple puree
- Drain warm cooked pumpkin. Place in a bowl and mash with butter until smooth.
- Stir through egg and milk.
- Sift flours and salt into warm pumpkin mixture and stir through.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Pat dough out into a 17 x 27cm lamington tin.
- With a floured knife, score dough almost all the way through, into 18 squares. Brush with a little extra milk.
- Bake in oven at 220°C for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Serve with a tablespoon of Bellamy’s Organic Apple Puree