Kids’ Fried Rice Recipe
Fried Rice is a quick and easy meal to pull together any night of the week. Containing brown rice and chicken – which is a perfect mix of wholegrain carbs and lean protein – this recipe will keep your little one fuller for longer.
- 100g chicken breast
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (please note, you can use an egg replacer for those with allergies)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup red capsicum, finely diced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ tsp. salt reduced soy sauce
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add in the olive oil and chicken breast and cook for five to seven minutes until the chicken is browned.
- Add the onion, capsicum and corn and cook for a further two to three minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the egg and cook for a further two to three minutes until the egg is cooked through.
- Add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Cook stirring, for one minute or until warmed through.